In this engaging workshop session, participants will learn about Heartwork Pedagogy through real-life examples and best practices that cultivate a responsive, positive, and safe school culture. This workshop is most beneficial for those working with traditionally marginalized and underserved “at promise” student populations. Additionally, this workshop will include a special Panel followed by a Q&A where the LYP youth will share their experiences and transformations in the LEGACY Youth Project. Participants will reflect on the importance of using heartwork in order for transformative change to occur within our youth, teachers, and schools.
Anyone working with traditionally marginalized and underserved “at promise” student populations.
● Participants will engage in Heartwork as a Pedagogy and learning experience
● Participants will learn about a successful program model for at-promise youth
● Participants will obtain best-practices for working with traditionally marginalized communities
● Participants will learn how to implement programs committed to educational and wellness equity
● Participants will learn how to create a safe and positive school culture directly from program staff, alumni and current youth